Recently becoming a mum for the second time means that I don’t have a lot of time to myself. Just washing my hair some mornings is a luxury! So when it comes to applying or maintaining a tan, it’s not really something I’ve expected I’d be able to do for a few months at least.
Week 5 in and thanks to Lauren’s Way 60 min Mousse*, I’ve actually found time to apply some tan! It’s amazing! This kind of product is pretty fool proof and fast, so it’s perfect for people with busy lives.
The Lauren’s Way Solution 60 Min Mousse is the second 1 hour tanning product I’ve tried and after the amazing results of the last one, I had high hopes for the one from Lauren Goodger’s range.
I’ve heard a lot about Lauren’s products of late and not just because she appeared on Celebrity Big Brother! The first product I heard about were her Dream Rollers, which I’ll chat about on here another time and I was equally excited to be able to try something from her tanning range. Especially as Lauren’s tan always looks amazing!
What Lauren’s Way Say
“Love having a tan but hate the developing time? Then our all new Solution 60 self-tan rapid range is the one for you.
This express self-tan bronzing mousse develops into a gorgeous golden glow from just 60 minutes, allowing you to choose your shade. Apply with a mitt then leave the tan on for 60 minutes before showering for a light tan, 2-3 hours for a medium/dark tan.
Solution 60 bronzing mousse is a velvety soft, self-tan formula which is easy to apply and can be used on both the face and body to provide a silky smooth glow.”
Directions for use:
- For an even tan you need clean, smooth skin! Exfoliate 24 hours before tanning
- Just before you apply your tan, moisturise dry areas (elbows, knees, ankles, feet) and around your hairline
- Apply the mousse with a tanning mitt. Sweep onto skin from top to toe and ensure all skin is well covered. Apply in circular motions and buff in to skin to avoid any streaking; look in a mirror to help you see if you’ve missed any spots!
- Wash palms and any applicators thoroughly with soap and water straight after use
- Wait at least 60 seconds before getting dressed
- To achieve a Medium bronzed glow leave the tan on to develop for 1-2 hours before rinsing. For a darker, sun kissed look leave the tan on for 3 hours before rinsing off. Just make sure you don’t get wet or sweaty during this time
- To maintain your gorgeous glow, moisturise daily and exfoliate every 3 days to ensure your tan fades evenly
- To increase the intensity of the colour apply tan daily.
I applied the mousse using a mitt, in circular motions as advised and it went on really easily, with no fuss at all. The mousse comes out dark and applies as such, so you can see exactly where it is going. There really is very little room for mistake. Perfect!
I only had time to leave it on for 1 hour, due to the little one waking from her nap, so I jumped into the shower and rinsed after this time.
I have to say that the photos above don’t do the colour as much justice as they should. I think the light was particularly bad; tut tut, dreary autumn days. The tan itself is however really lovely! It is subtle, but I find that tanning products tend to be quite subtle on my skin which is quite olive. In future I think I’ll try a longer developing time.
The next morning the tan had seemed to develop further, or certainly looked quite different and I couldn’t help but tweet a picture of my pins! The colour is a beautiful brown and not really orangey like so many are.
Lauren’s Way say there is no smell to this tan, but I’m afraid there is. I could still smell biscuits after my skin got warm, but it certainly is less than most, which is a plus.
What Do I Think?
I really like this product. I will certainly be leaving the mousse to develop a little longer if I’m planning a night out but for day to day wear, the 1 hour developing time was just perfect.
The tan looks natural, has minimal smell and was pretty faultless for me! I really love quick tanning products like this. They allow busy people to ‘tan and run’ and feel gorgeous and glamorous too. Which is just the pick me up I needed!
I can’t wait to try the Dream Rollers now and let you know what I think of those! Seeing as my sleep is so precious right now with a newborn, I really hope they do allow me to have a good night sleep! I will let you know!
Have you tried any Lauren’s Way products? I’d love to hear!
Follow me on Bloglovin | Twitter | Pinterest | Polyvore | Instagram | Like me on Facebook