I was thrilled recently to have been awarded the Sunshine Award by El from Glossy Glam. After receiving the Liebster Award and Versatile Blogger Award in the last couple months too, I was so excited to get my third bloggers award!
If you’re not aware of the Sunshine Award, it is given to bloggers who are positive, inspiring, creative or who’s blog you just really enjoy reading.
So here are the rules:
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers you feel deserve this award
- Write 11 questions for them to answer in their award post
- Let your 11 bloggers know you have nominated them
My new facts
- I’m a Libran and weigh up the pros and cons of EVERYTHING
- My daughter Grace, is named after my Great Grandmother
- A real comfort food for me is marmite on toast with a glass of milk
- At school I loved my Graphical Communication class & drawing 3D elevations of buildings
- My nails are currently painted black with a leopard print accent nail
- My first car was a white Peugeot 205 that I named Milkyway
- I have one older sister called Elizabeth
- We had a 90’s music hour at our wedding reception
- I used to sing backing vocals in a Guns ‘n’ Roses tribute band at school
- I had a crush on my school music teacher as he looked like Joey McIntyre from NKOTB
- As a child I was a real tom boy and loved climbing tress.
My answers to Becki’s questions
1. Do you have a pet?
No, I don’t have any pets. I used to when I lived with my parents; I had a guinea pig called Becky, who was sandy coloured and awesome! I’ve started thinking lately about how much my daughter would love a pet, but am not ready for the responsibility just yet! A 20 month old and husband is enough to look after for now!
2. How long have you been blogging?
Since April 2013. So just over 6 months (at the time of writing this). It feels however like I’ve been blogging much longer with all the knowledge I’ve gained from fellow bloggers and all the friends I’ve made!
3. At what point did you know that your blog was ‘taking off’ or if you are new like me, what would make you believe that you are ‘taking off’?
When I received my first email from a brand asking if I’d like to take a look at one of their products I realised that I wasn’t talking to myself after all! It was a pretty amazing feeling and whilst products are certainly not why I started my blog, it is lovely to be acknowledged for the hard work I put in.
4. What is your fave hair product?
Bad as it sounds, I really don’t have one! I switch and change what I use in my hair, because my hair seems to have a similar personality to me, in that I get bored of things quickly and like a change! If I use the same thing in my hair for a long period of time, it starts to actually do the opposite of what it should, so I change it up pretty regularly.
5. Do you use anti-ageing products yet? If so, what is your must have?
I don’t! I probably should but I’m really happy with my very simple skincare routine and because my skin is quite sensitive, I don’t want to start adding in anything unnecessary until I need to. Having said that though, I prob should start thinking about it prior to actually needing to!
6. What is your fave TV show?
I’m recently really enjoyed Fashion Star, which was a re-run of the first series from the US. I love the concept of the show, taking unknown designers and getting their collections sold in high street stores. I love seeing what the designers come up with and wishing I was them!
7. What is your favourite time of day to catch up on the blogs you follow?
The most common time that I catch up on my blog reading is when I’m cooking dinner! I sit at the kitchen table, with a glass of wine and have a good read! Then I quite often continue to do this if my husband is watching football on the TV!
8. What do you do when you’re not blogging?
Well I’m a wife and a mummy, so they both keep me pretty busy! My daughter Grace (20 months) is at an amazing stage where she is so inquisitive and has started to say lots of words and a few sentences, so I love spending time with her; watching her grow! I also work part time, 3 days a week, so my home life is pretty busy and to be honest, I’m not actually sure how I find the time to blog. I guess that shows how much I love doing it?!
9. Do you have any piercings or tattoos?
A boring answer for this one I’m afraid; just my ears pierced! As I mentioned in number 4 above, I change my mind so much, that there’s no way I would ever decide on a tattoo that I would love forever and I’m actually allergic to Nickel, so having my ears pierced was a mistake and I certainly won’t be having anything else pierced for fear of breaking out in an itchy rash!
10. What is your fave type of music?
I love, love, love 90’s music! Born in the late 70’s (!), the 90’s for me has a lot of great memories attached to it, of school discos, first boyfriends etc, so I love listening to 90’s dance music that reminds me of those years.
11. What is your favourite comfort food?
Chocolate covered doughnuts! My local Tesco store has these amazing doughnuts that I love when I’m feeling low. I buy a box of four and my husband and I can polish them off in one sitting. Naughty, but oh so good!
My nominees for the Sunshine Award
- Louise I Lou Loves Beauty
- Jaouaher I Brunette Happiness
- Paula I Beauty Lover
- Christina I Rusty Sequins
- Daniella I Daniella Beauty Junkie
- Hannah I Locked in a Bow
- Lizzi I Elizabeth Kenyon
- Lauren & Claire I Stylingo
- Hannah I The Make up Times
- Jessica I Jessica Wabbit
- Kirstie I A Yellow Brick Blog
- Do you have a favourite makeup/cosmetic brand and if so, which one and why?
- Is there a particular fashion style that inspires you?
- If I were to open your wardrobe, what would be the predominant colour I would see?
- Have you ever owned a shell suit and if so, why, just why?!
- Christmas Eve or New Years Eve?
- What colour/s is your bedroom?
- How many lip products do you have in your handbag right now?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
- If you could only wear one pair of shoes for the rest of your life, what style would they be?
- Is your glass half full or half empty?
- Do you have a celebrity crush and if so, on whom?
I hope you enjoyed reading this little post! Make sure you check out the lovely ladies and their blogs I’ve nominated. For various reasons they inspire me or I simply just love reading them regularly and I’m sure you will too!