Passing the time whilst waiting for baby no 2 to arrive has certainly been interesting. When I was pregnant the first time, I seemed to find more energy at the end and didn’t have a toddler to keep occupied too, so I don’t remember being this frustrated!
Today, on good recommendation from my mum, I thought I would do a little baking. Not only to keep my mind off the imminent arrival but also to help keep Grace occupied.
A really simple, quick and easy recipe to bake with your little ones are these Pink Banana & Chocolate Buns. The pink is obviously optional, but on Grace’s suggestion on this occasion, they HAD to be pink!
(makes 16 buns)
- 10oz self raising flour
- 6oz margarine
- 4oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 bananas
- Handful of chocolate chips or flakes
- Bun cases
- Pink food colouring (none or other colours if preferred)
- A little extra caster sugar to decorate.
- Measure and mix together the self raising flour, margarine and caster sugar
- Make a hollow in the centre of the mix and add the eggs
- Mix together well
- Chop bananas into medium size slices and add to mixture
- Add chocolate chips/flakes to mixture
- Mix all together well, but leave the bananas in chunks as much as possible (for extra yum!)
- Add food colouring as required to achieve desired colour
- Cook at 200*c for 15 minutes
- When cool, sprinkle a tiny amount of caster sugar on top for decoration.
These are so easy to make, they take no time at all to cook and the little ones love getting involved with the mixing, adding to the bun cases and eating! Definitely the eating!
It’s certainly helped pass a little time for us today and now that we have some yummy buns to eat too, the day will zip by in no time!
For another quick and easy fun recipe to make with your children, why not try my Blueberry Jewel Bakes too!