Since writing my review of some of the Joan Collins Timeless Beauty collection, I’ve been dying to show you a beautiful autumn eye look that can be created using the Eyeshadow Quad* in Moody Browns & Gold, the Contour Eye Liner Pencil* in Black and the Class Act Black Mascara*.
For the purpose of this demo, I’ve also used the Timeless Beauty flat and round eyeshadow brushes, together with a few other products listed at the end of this post.
I thought I’d chat about each of the products a little first and will then detail how I created this pretty autumn eye look.
Eyeshadow Quad in Moody Browns & Gold
“I love playing with eyeshadow – it’s fun and subtle application can really enhance the shape of your eyes.” – Joan Collins
How pretty is this compact! That’s all I want to say to start off with. I love how the Joan Collins Timeless Beauty Collection of products are all designed with the stylish woman in mind and this gold compact is such a perfect example of how wonderfully the products have been created.
The Eyeshadow Quad gold compact, £25, is beautifully weighted with a magnetic snap shut, which I love! It also has a great mirror inside, which is compact wide, so super useful, together with two double ended applicators.
The 4 colours themselves are really stunning in this quad. The medium and dark browns are perfect for creating smoky eye looks, the cream shade is great for adding a little highlight to the inner corner of your eye and the gold adds a bit of added drama and dimension to the look.
Each of the shades are beautifully pigmented, with the cream maybe being the least and when used with an eyeshadow primer will last and last on the lids.
Class Act Mascara in Black
“Eyelashes have been troublesome for me as my own are not naturally long and full. Now, with this mascara, they have real presence.” – Joan Collins
I’ve recently tried and been using a few lower end mascaras, and whilst one became a favourtie of mine a while back, another left me feeling really disappointed. The Timeless Beauty Class Act Mascara, £20, in it’s gold packaging however is an absolute dream!
The packaging is super luxurious, again and the wand itself is beautifully fat, designed to coat every lash.
Application of Class Act is really slick too. The creamy formula feels so amazing as it coats the lashes. I needed just two coats to get really good coverage and I was really pleased with the volume that was created.
Contour Eye Liner Pencil in Black
“My eye liner pencil makes it quick and easy to add definition. It glides smoothly over the skin and has a soft texture so it is easy to blend.” – Joan Collins
I love discovering a new eye liner pencil because I go through them so rapidly and never need to wait long before I can start using a new favourtie. The most recent eye pencil I reviewed is still the one I’m currently using, but I have to say that compared to this Contour Eye Liner Pencil, £12, I think it’s likely to be shelved pretty soon!
For a start this pencil is super long! Much longer it seems that most eye pencil’s I’ve tried. I love the gold lid, cute, and the formula of the liner is really creamy and pigmented, without being too much so.
Application is really easy and really does blend easily too. I used a small blending brush to soften the product under my eye and am really happy with the effect. It’s also really great to use on top of the lashes, instead of a liquid liner and again, blends really beautifully to create any desired look.
So for autumn, there is no quad more perfect for creating a smoky eye with very little effort. The look above was created in about 20 mins and perfect for a night out with drama!
You can make this look as subtle or intense as you like, by adding less or more product and with the shadows being so blendable, you can easily take the look from day to night in a flash.
Easy steps to creating this look:
- After applying eye primer, I applied the medium brown shade across the whole lid.
- I then applied the dark brown to the outer corner, blending inwards and outwards to smooth out any harsh lines.
- I then applied the cream shade to the inner corner of the eye and a little underneath, to create a more open eye effect.
- I then applied a little of the gold shade down the middle of the eyelid and blended out a little. This is a great way to create added dimension to the eye lid.
- I then applied a little of the Contour Eye Liner under the eye and inside the top lid.
- I used the dark brown shadow to blend and ‘smoke out’ the liner under the eye a little.
- Finishing the look, after applying eye liner, I coated my lashes with the Class Act Mascara.
Other products used to complete this look:
- JC Timeless Beauty First Base Foundation in Warm Medium
- JC Timeless Beauty Impeccable Finish Loose Powder in Translucent
- elf Studio Eyebrow Kit
- JC Timeless Beauty Glorious Gloss in Ava
- Smooch Bronzer in Tan Queenie
- Me, Me, Me Cosmetics Cheek & Lip Tint in Coral Blossom
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- Avon Mega Effects Eye Liner
So here’s to the really exciting news! If you love the look of this eye look then you could win yourself one of two sets of products to create the look at home yourself!
I’m lucky enough to be able to give away two sets of……
- Eyeshadow Quad in Moody Browns & Gold
- Class Act Mascara in Black
- Contour Eye Liner Pencil in Black
…..to two lucky winners!
Each set is worth £57 each, so this is the perfect way to add a little luxury to your makeup collection by just completing the rafflecopter below.
This competition is open to UK residents only and closed at midnight on 30th September.
Get entering and good luck!